Monday 7 December 2009

Venus by Tony







The following pictures were taken by a friend of mine called Chris and show the movers and groovers of Nottingham in the early 90s. Taken at a nightclub in the city called Venus, which I had stumbled upon on my return to the East Midlands on the back of a year in the North West where I’d spent pretty much every Friday night at Nude Night in the Hacienda. Venus had a very cool crowd, into both their music and their fashion. At the same time, it never felt elitist. Looking back at myself as I was twenty years ago has been a strange, bittersweet experience. On the one hand, I wish I was that young again and living for the moment. On the other, it was a time of insecurity and naivety and one in which I had very little money. Still, we had the time of our lives.

(Please click on the photographs for full size images)

No comments: