Tuesday 10 June 2008

Submitted by Emma Adams (Leeds - UK)


I was having a bad time. I went on holiday to Berlin on my own. It was the first time I had ever been away abroad on my own and I was a bit scared. I found a post card of an art show being put on by an artist called Sandra Rauch. On the back of the post card I found the post card image was called 'all memories will be lost in time'. This made me feel suddenly very sad but also very happy. I felt a weight was lifted by being reminded that somehow nothing matters at all. Even though it feels like it matters a lot. If you see what I mean? Anyway, I smiled to myself. I liked this idea so much I took a picture of the message on my phone camera and set it to be the screen thingy that comes up on your phone when it is not in use. I ended up having an amazing time in Berlin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your photo and comments really made me think...and smile also...