Tuesday 10 June 2008

Submitted by Jack Army (Swansea - UK)


I visited the Vetch last year, two years after it shut its doors. The first of the next two pictures shows the turnstyles to the northbank overgrown.


This is a special picture to me, shows the part of the ground which I would stand during a game, The North Bank. If you look at the East Stand (the one at the right of the picture) you can see the seats missing from the last game V's Wrexham and if you look at the south stand closely, there is no seats!


People who know me know I have a thing about the place in my next few photos and anybody who's been there will realise why. The hill surroundings of rows of housing, the out of character stands in the ground, the view of the bay if you're on the east stand and the prison a few feet away from the ground. This picture shows the out of character East Stand flood light lurking behind the prison.


Most weekends I catch the train from my town, Llanelli to Swansea. I have a thing about this place, not a big station, but not a small one. From the writing on the floor outside saying 'Ambition Is Critical' to the Big sign on the platforms before the turnstyles saying 'Welcome to Swansea'.


No comments: